Tusculum - Description
An enchanting environment
CASTEL LES CHÊNES, set in the midst of a beautiful terraced garden, is situated in a residential quarter of Montreux: Territet. Built at the foot of the Mont Fleuri, above the bay of Territet, it enjoys a splendid 180 ° - view covering the Alps of Valais and Vaud, Lake Geneva, Chillon Castle, Montreux, Haute Savoie (in nearby France) and the Jura.
A charming residence
This little castle in the most breathtaking setting, was built for a French countess in 1928 and became our home - our TUSCULUM - in 1971. It is with great pleasure that we open the doors so that you too may enjoy this magnificent place,
Each room has its own individual character, from the stylish rooms on the ground floor to the cosy beamed rooms on the top floor. Each bedroom (1 to 3 single beds) has its own wash-basin and most have balcony with the mentioned panoramic view. Communal shower and toilet facilities are available on each floor, although it may also be possible to rent a room with private shower and toilet on the floor near the room.
Other facilities at your disposal
- The dining room holds up to 20 people. With a reservation, guests can be served breakfast, lunch and evening meal, and during the summer months we also offer the possibility to eat outdoors.
- The living room is equipped with a satellite TV, stereo, video and DVD-player
- The landscaped, terraced garden, complete with ping-pong table, is put at our guests' disposal
- A small tuck shop is available for drinks and snacks
- Centralised Internet access for e-mails
- Three rooms (5 to 12 people) may also be rented. Ideal for small meetings, classes, etc.
- Children are very welcome, but only with strict parental supervision (balconies etc)
- Our premises are unfortunately not equipped for disabled persons (stairs)
- All the rooms are non-smoking areas
- Use of kitchen is not possible
- Pets are not allowed
- Wireless internet access
How to get there?
- Montreux is situated 3 km from the A 9 motorway :
- Exit coming from Lausanne or Bern is « Montreux »
- Exit coming from Valais is « Villeneuve ».
- Nearest airport is Geneva (85 km). There are direct trains from the airport to Montreux , 75-minute ride, fare ca. CHF 35,-
- Main-station Montreux :
- by taxi : ride about 5 minutes, fare ca. CHF 18,-
- by bus no 2011 to Territet Gare , see below
- Station Territet : only regional trains stop there. see below